Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the school timings?
Answer : Our school timings a re as follows:
Pre-Primary – Nursery/Jr.Kg/Sr.Kg
Morning shift – 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
2. Is Day Boarding Schooling option available?
Answer : No
3. What is the school academic curriculum?
Answer : The school has designed skill based programme, which provides a wide range of experiences and enhance physical, motor, social, emotional, aesthetic, language and intellectual development.
4. Does the school follow CBSE Curriculum for the pre-primary children?
Answer : The school curriculum is based on the National Curriculum Framework (NCF) defined by NCERT, Delhi.
The Academic Program:
» Subject wise well designed Curriculum
» Modern teaching methodology through Smart board classrooms.
5. Compared to other play schools, Will students be able stay in the school for 3 ½ hours?
Answer : Yes, our academic timetable and activities are designed in such a way that they are fully engaged in activities and studies for the whole day.
6. What is the teacher/student ratio?
Answer : The student teacher ratio is 30:1, with an assistant teacher also in the class.
7. How is the teaching faculty selected?
Answer :We have a channelized process to select teaching faulty which includes written and personal interview along with demonstration of the given topic.
8. What are the co-curricular activities offered?
Answer : Offered Co-curricular activities are
- Indian Music
- Fitness Activity by our sports coaches.
9. What are the child safety measures adopted by the school?
Answer :The school has implemented measures like CCTV, soft padded play area, SMS alerts through Beacon High School App.
10. What are the Annual School Charges? What does it include?
Answer : The Annual School charges include the one time admission fees, sports fees, term fees and tuition fees.
11. Which areas are covered by School Transport?
Answer :The school has extensive transport coverage. The routes are planned at the start of academic session. The areas can be shared on request. The transport is not owned by school. It is on contract basis with the different transport vendors.
12. Are your buses GPS enabled?
Answer : Yes. We also have speed governors in the buses.
13. What is the age requirement for admission? Is any relaxation possible?
Answer : The Education Department has decided to keep the minimum age for admission to nursery class as three years, in the coming academic year. Age relaxation can be considered mainly for admissions by the Principal in exceptional cases.
14. I am currently overseas. Can the admission process be done online?
Answer : Yes, Parents can send any representative to the school to purchase the Admission Form from School Office or they can also fill the online form . The cost of the Form is Rs. 500/- The duly completed Admission Form to be scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org along with required documents (copy of birth certificate )
Provisional admission will be granted with the understanding that the remaining formalities would be completed on arrival in Pune. The seat will be blocked after payment of the admission fee.
15. Why should we select your school for our child for pre-primary education?
Answer: The Beacon High School, PCMC – where world-class education, sports, and cultural activities together endeavor to create an environment truly conducive to the development of young Iives. An amalgamation of academic proficiency, professional sports, exposure to the world of music and dance and the sheer genius of art and craft. BEACON offers a platform where your child is carefully nurtured and mentored towards becoming a truly global citizen.
16. What are the focus areas of Beacon High School?
Answer:Our carefully designed syllabus provide the wide range of education, experience while providing a wide range of experiences and materials to focus on physical, motor, social, emotional, aesthetic and intellectual development of the child also gives opportunities to express themselves. We have a very well planned sports-program also in the school.
17. What are the methods of teaching adopted for the pre-primary students?
Answer: Our teaching is based on activity learning and we also believe in giving hands-on experience to our students.
18. What is the vacation period for pre-primary?
Answer: Vacations for pre-primary students starts from 1st week of June.
19. How often are the parent teacher meetings conducted?
Answers: We conduct parent teachers meet after every two months and in between if any parent wishes to meet the class teacher they can come and meet her on the days allotted and if any parent wishes to meet the principal; they can meet with the prior appointment.
20. How does the parent communicate with the school teacher?
Answers: The parent can send a diary note or an email on the school’s mail-id.
21. What sort of parent involvement does the school expect?
Answers: understand that the partnership between the parents and teachers plays a key role in the all-round development of a child. We also welcome their participation as resource persons, volunteers or sharing special hobbies and skills with our children. We would always like to have our parent’s constant support in all the activities conducted in the school.
22. Does the school give homework?
Answers: Yes, minimum homework is inclusive in the curriculum and it is the same what has been taught in the class to make parents aware of the child’s performance.
23. Are there any examinations conducted at the end of the year?
Answers: We also conduct two examinations; each in both the terms Continuous evaluations are carried out for the pre-primary student.
24. How will the school evaluate students?
Answers: The school conducts a periodic evaluation on the various activities and task given to the students keeping in mind their age criteria.
25. Will spoken English be encouraged in the school?
Answers: Yes, spoken English will be encouraged in the school with the help of a proper language development program designed by the school.
26. Will the school celebrate all the festivals?
Answers: We at BHS are celebrating all the festivals common to our region equally.
27. What security measures have you taken in the school?
Answers: Round-the-clock security of the campus is ensured through strategically located CCTV monitoring by trained personnel. Also, buses are parked within the campus of the school, to ensure that children get on and off the bus directly in the school.
1. Which Education Board is the school affiliated to? Is it the right choice for my child? How does it compare with other Boards like State and ICSE?
Answers: The school is affiliated with the CBSE Delhi; it is a right choice for the student because it has a well researched curriculum which gets revised based on the changing needs of the students. It is one curriculum in the country that also gives equal importance to the development of life skills of a child like his/her, thinking skills, social skills and emotional skills.
CBSE conducts two key entrance exams AIEEE (Engineering) and NEET (Medical) for admission to professional institutions across the country and hence our students will benefit by studying a curriculum which forms the syllabus for these exams.
2. How many students will have in every class & section?
Answers: There are 40 students in each class.
3. Which grade onwards exams will be taken and will my child able to cope up with exams?
Answers: We have assessments from class I onwards. There are periodic test every month. We also conduct two major test; each in both the terms
4. What is the procedure of selection of teachers?
Answers: Teachers are selected on the basis of their educational qualification and experience. They are selected through a process of written exam, face to face interview and demo class.
5. Are your teachers trained? What is the percentage of attrition?
Answers: Yes, we have all the trained teachers. The teacher attrition rate of the school is low. Teachers may leave the school either because their family gets relocated, due to health issues or when they are on family way.
6. What activities does the school offer for class 1 to 5?
Answers: We have a well-planned curriculum for dance, music, art and craft, IT, sports and games, library. Apart from these co-curricular activities, we also have inter-house and inter-school activities for our students. There are a lot of competitions, the celebration also is done for the students.
7. How do you help the child to progress in his academics?
Answers: Yes, the school will definitely help the children who may have some learning difficulty by taking remedial classes We have a student counselor and wellness teacher in school, who monitor these children and take necessary action. They will also guide the parents on how to handle the child at home.
8. How do you encourage the children to participate in the activities?
Answers: Beacon High School has many more activities as part of Hobby classes, club activity and regular zero period activities, which helps in grooming the child’s overall personality. Inter-House, Inter-School, State level competitions will also focus on bringing out the potential of every child. Teachers motivate the students and give them the necessary guidance to participate in these activities.
9. What is the fees structure? What is percentage of hike in fees?
Answers: For all the admission details please contact the admission office. There is 7% to 10% hike in tuition fee every year.
10. Are there any other hidden charges other than the ones’ mentioned in the fee structure?
Answers: No, there are no hidden charges.
11. I am looking for admission in a grade for which you currently do not have vacant seats. What should I do?
Answers: You can fill the online inquiry form available on our school website. The School will contact you as per the waiting list as and when there is a vacancy. There is also a special assembly conducted wherein special speakers come and speak about certain value based topics.
12. How does your school focus on values that are important for children to learn?
Answers: These days; moral values are lacking in our children. In order to lacking in our children. In order to inculcate this we conduct one value-based once in 15 days were they are taught the importance of being responsible, good habits, manners and discipline.
13. How we can meet the principal? When and after how many days the parent teachers meeting happens in a year?
Answers: The Principal can be met with prior appointment made at the reception. You can also write to email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org for getting an appointment. Parent teacher meet is happening once in two months other than that parents are free to meet the class teacher on the allotted days.
14. Are you giving admission to the special children? If yes, how is the care taken?
Answers: Yes, the school admits children who have learning needs. We have a special counselor and a special educator to cater to the needs of these children.
15. How do you focus on the fundamentals and development of key concepts of the child?
Answers: Beacon High School is known for its academics, sports activities and the application based learning.BHS is a child centre school .We believe in making our students life-long learners; planner.
16. Do you conduct any educational camps for the students of class 1 to 5?
Answers: Yes. Excursions and educational trips are a part of the active learning process in the Schools.
17. How are parents involved in the annual activities?
Answers: Parents are allowed to participate during school events on a purely optional basis which in no way is compulsory. This is done in consultation with our Activity Coordinator.
18. Can the child change the zero period activity every year?
Answers: Yes, the child may take up any zero period activity of his/her choice in the beginning of the year. But they cannot change it during the course of one year. They may change it next year.
19. What are the co-curricular activities organized by the Beacon High School?
Answers: Skating, Football, Basket Ball, Table Tennis, Cricket, Dance , Music ,Library, Fine Art & Craft, MCF( MARSHAL CADET FORCE ) are the co-curricular activities organized by our School.
20. Does the school have child counsellor to help the children?
Answers: We have one counsellor available, she handles the remedial children and also address the behavioral counselling.
21. Is the school conducting any enrichment classes?
Answers: Yes, enrichment classes are a part of the time-table to enable students to excel in competitive exams.
22. Does the school encourage and support the student involvements and achievements outside academics?
Answers: Beacon High School other than academics, offers a lot of activities as part of the co-curricular activities, which facilitates holistic development. Inter-house, Inter-school, state, and International level exposure (ISA) focuses on bringing out the potential of every child, thus making them a global citizen.
Q1. What are the languages taught in the school, other than Hindi and English?
Answers: Classes III to VIII have the option of Sanskrit and Marathi as the third language. Classes IX have the option of Sanskrit and Marathi for the second language.
Q2. How many sports can my child do at a point in time?
Answers: Your ward can choose any one sport for the zero period activity. In addition, he /she may choose the after-school option for the various sports we offer. We all do MCF training in the school.
Q 3. My child is very introvert… how can you help him/her to change that?
Answers: Various opportunities are provided to the students to come on stage- such as assembly participation, class presentations, project work presentations, etc. In addition, the teacher will gently help her to navigate things like interactions with friends, participation in group work and activities, or presenting him or her in class.
Q.4. What activities are there is zero period? Can the student change the activity class wise?
Answers: The student has the option of choosing any one of the following activities
- We also offer an optional Abacus class.
Yes, the child can change the activity within the first month of the academic calendar. After that permission to change will be granted by the principal only if the reason for the change is genuine.
Q. 5. Do you have any branches?
Answers: Yes we have a Pre-school and a Day Home Centre at Indrayani Nagar and called Wonder Kidz.
Q.6. Which areas are covered by the School Transport?
Answers: The school has extensive transport coverage. The routes are planned at the start of the academic session to optimize travel time for the students. The transport facility is not owned by the school. It is on a contract basis with different transport vendors.
Q.7 Is transport included in the school fees?
Answers: The transport charges are not included in the Annual School Charges. These are are payable quarterly in 4 installments.
Q.8 Does the school follow the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE ?
Answers: Yes, the school follows the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE.
Q.9. Does the school use NCERT Books for Class 9 to 12.
Answers: Yes, the school use only NCERT book for the classes for 9 and 10. The school also uses a lot of Reference books, tailor-made worksheets to prepare the child for the boards.
Q.10 How do I decide which curriculum is more suitable for my child?
Answers: The syllabus prepared by CBSE is more suitable for qualifying in various entrance examinations, including the medical and engineering professional exams. In terms of prevalence, CBSE board is easier to find when you move to a new place.
Q.11. If my child takes part in activities outside school regularly, how does the school tailor academics for him/her?
Answers: As per the CBSE norms, 80% attendance is mandatory. For special cases the school gives additional concession. The school also helps the child to complete the portion during enrichment classes.